First, CALL ME to offer staging advice and list your home..
First impressions are lasting impressions so next and foremost, the EXTERIOR of your home needs to appear inviting for showings:
- The lawn and shrubbery should be trimmed, the sidewalks edged and the yard clean and clear of debris.
- Depending on the season, the flower beds should be cultivated and flowers blooming.
- Touch up anything that needs it.
- Consider the value of a quick coat of exterior paint. Unless the interior of the home is completely run down and in bad repair, the only thing decorating will do, will be to make your home more sale-able but it will not get you a better price. Be critical of your property as if you were the Buyer. Do not hesitate to make small, inexpensive repairs and….
- Always have your home neat and tidy.
- “Thin out” your furniture (fewer items in a room offers a feeling of size). You want the buyer to see what they’re buying, not what you’re taking with you. Clutter is distracting to Buyers so ELIMINATE CLUTTER.
- Give special attention to the kitchen and bathroom since these rooms sell more homes than anything else.
- Windows should be sparkling clean and walls unmarred.
- Fix leaky faucets, loose doorknobs, difficult and warped cabinet doors and drawers.
- Remove any unnecessary material from garage, utility rooms and closets, to show off their full storage and utility space.
- Keep stairways and doorways clear to avoid cluttered appearance and possible accidents.
- Keep all rooms clean, bright and neatly arranged.
- Turn on lights in dark rooms and raise shades midway. Have any porch furniture attractively placed.
- Depending on the season, have a fire in the fireplace or outdoor grill ready to use. Create the impression of relaxed family enjoyment.
- BEWARE OF ANY UNAPPEALING ODORS, like cigarette smoke (NO SMOKING INSIDE), animal odors, etc. This will influence buyers. Burn or heat vanilla for a more pleasant, homey aroma and feeling of warmth.
- No TV. Instead, play soft, low music in the background.
Any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at RealtorGeorgina@gmail.com or give me a “Hello” call (407) 595-6820!!